AppSense has further enhanced our world leading ‘User Virtualization solution, adding the much awaited User Rights Management functionality. Doug Brown has posted a Radio Podcast interview, details below:
In episode 141, Douglas Brown interviews Simon Rust, Vice President of Technology at AppSense. Simon and Doug discuss new AppSense User Rights Management technology available now as part of AppSense Application Manager 8.1. Simon does a great job explaining what is it, how it works, what is takes to install, why we should care, and much more.
User rights management benefits users by:
- Elevating user privileges for running applications – by specifying applications to run with administrative privileges. This enables the user to be removed from the local administrators group, thus removing the risk of all applications executing under the administrative user context.
- Organizing user rights for running control panel applets – by allowing a standard user to make the required changes and complete their job tasks without running as a local administrator. This is extremely useful when users need to change printer, wireless network, time and date settings, etc.
- Prioritizing user rights to restrict application rights – by enabling system administrators to set and enforce policy for specific applications so that the user runs as an administrator but other applications are forced to run as a standard user, ensuring security is not compromised.
- Managing access to system settings – by permitting system administrators to prevent admin level users from changing configuration settings that can expose enterprises to new security concerns such as security or firewall settings.
- User rights management is available now as part of AppSense Application Manager 8.1.
To listen to the Podcast, please click on the image below or use this link here
A special thanks to Doug for taking the time to record and post this Podcast, thanks buddy :)
We hope you enjoy it…