January 12, 2011
Like 2009, and 2008 and the many years before it, 2010 was another great year for AppSense; resulting in another record growth in revenue, headcount, market share and profit. AppSense finished 2010 with a 60% increase in revenue and 43% increase in headcount on 2009.
2010 saw user virtualization go from strength to strength, with analysts, vendors and customers all recognizing the need for enterprise management of the user component of the desktop and AppSense continued market leadership with the sale of 1.5million user licenses and multiple $million deals in the 12 month period alone. With recommendations from the likes of Citrix, Microsoft and VMware, and being part of offerings by system integrators such as CSC, Dell, IBM, HP and Fujitsu, 2011 looks set to be even bigger.
Driving the continued growth in 2011 is the newly appointed CEO of AppSense, Darron Antill. Darron was instrumental in our success in 2010 as COO, and as CEO in 2011, we expect more great things to be happening in the User Virtualization Market.
An official press release on the appointment of Darron Antill and 2010 success can be found on the AppSense news pages here.
Thanks to all our friends, partners, customers and employees who made 2010 a great year! look forward to working with you all even more in 2011.
October 26, 2010
AppSense has further enhanced our world leading ‘User Virtualization solution, adding the much awaited User Rights Management functionality. Doug Brown has posted a Radio Podcast interview, details below:
In episode 141, Douglas Brown interviews Simon Rust, Vice President of Technology at AppSense. Simon and Doug discuss new AppSense User Rights Management technology available now as part of AppSense Application Manager 8.1. Simon does a great job explaining what is it, how it works, what is takes to install, why we should care, and much more.
User rights management benefits users by:
- Elevating user privileges for running applications – by specifying applications to run with administrative privileges. This enables the user to be removed from the local administrators group, thus removing the risk of all applications executing under the administrative user context.
- Organizing user rights for running control panel applets – by allowing a standard user to make the required changes and complete their job tasks without running as a local administrator. This is extremely useful when users need to change printer, wireless network, time and date settings, etc.
- Prioritizing user rights to restrict application rights – by enabling system administrators to set and enforce policy for specific applications so that the user runs as an administrator but other applications are forced to run as a standard user, ensuring security is not compromised.
- Managing access to system settings – by permitting system administrators to prevent admin level users from changing configuration settings that can expose enterprises to new security concerns such as security or firewall settings.
- User rights management is available now as part of AppSense Application Manager 8.1.
To listen to the Podcast, please click on the image below or use this link here
A special thanks to Doug for taking the time to record and post this Podcast, thanks buddy :)
We hope you enjoy it…
May 11, 2010
Congratulations to leading Citrix and AppSense reseller partner SCC on winning “Best Demo of the Power of FlexCast and HDX 2010” at Citrix Summit / Synergy yesterday.
The SCC demo consists of running a hosted Citrix XenDesktop session delivered as a service to an Apple iPad and using AppSense technology to the configure and personalize the XenDesktop session based on the user and device properties. This solution now delivers a consistent experience to all users, regardless of where they are or how they are connecting to their desktop.
Congratulations again SCC!
A quick YouTube video of their demo can be viewed here
February 8, 2010
Another happy find in my Google Alerts folder this morning :)
Citrix and AppSense consultancy partner Centralis are working to implement a joint Citrix and AppSense solution for 4,000 staff at Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Primary Care Trust in a project that is “expected to save KPMT in the region of £250,000 a year.”
For more information, please read the article in full here
This account is just one of some 4,500 joint Citrix + AppSense customers, and comes only a short while after my other blog post about SpeedyHire using AppSense to save cash also, and also my blog post about JetStar using AppSense to reduce operational costs too.
To learn more about some of our other joint Citrix + AppSense customers, a selection of case studies can be found here