October 28, 2010
Vote for AppSense Environment Manager for the 2010 Virtualization Review Readers’ Choice Awards!
AppSense is a finalist in the “Best Desktop Virtualization/Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Product” category for the 2010 Virtualization Review Readers’ Choice Awards. The winner of this award will be the company who has received the most votes, so AppSense would like to encourage you to take just a minute to visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2KGFLYW and vote for us.
Voting will close on Friday, October 29, so please register your vote soon. Thank you in advance for your time and support!
About the Virtualization Review Readers’ Choice Awards: This award recognizes innovative products that are the “best of the best” in the world of virtualization.
Why Nominate AppSense Environment Manager? AppSense Environment Manager makes physical, virtual and cloud desktop deployment possible by ensuring a seamless user experience across all delivery platforms. AppSense Environment Manager accelerates multi-platform desktop deployments by eliminating costly user management tools, enabling single-image application delivery, and ensuring users have the same experience on any desktop.
Vote now! Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2KGFLYW.
Just to recap some of the other awards AppSense have won recently include:
May 11th 2010 – AppSense named Citrix Ready Solution Partner of the Year 2010
Mar 29th 2010 – AppSense awarded 5 Star Chanel Partner Program by Everything Channel
Mar 1st 2010 – AppSense Win Product Innovation Award by Network Product Guide
Feb 23rd 2010 – Nigel Wilson, AppSense, Wins 2010 Channel Chief by Everything Channel’s CRN
Jan 19th 2010 – AppSense named 2010 Hot Companies Finalist by Network Products Guide
Jan 18th 2010 – AppSense Wins SearchServerVirtualization.com Product of the Year Award
Nov 18th 2009 – AppSense Wins Best Desktop Software of 2009 at TechWorld Awards
Sept 3rd 2009 – AppSense Wins Best Desktop Virtualization Solution at VMworld 2009
October 26, 2010
AppSense has further enhanced our world leading ‘User Virtualization solution, adding the much awaited User Rights Management functionality. Doug Brown has posted a Radio Podcast interview, details below:
In episode 141, Douglas Brown interviews Simon Rust, Vice President of Technology at AppSense. Simon and Doug discuss new AppSense User Rights Management technology available now as part of AppSense Application Manager 8.1. Simon does a great job explaining what is it, how it works, what is takes to install, why we should care, and much more.
User rights management benefits users by:
- Elevating user privileges for running applications – by specifying applications to run with administrative privileges. This enables the user to be removed from the local administrators group, thus removing the risk of all applications executing under the administrative user context.
- Organizing user rights for running control panel applets – by allowing a standard user to make the required changes and complete their job tasks without running as a local administrator. This is extremely useful when users need to change printer, wireless network, time and date settings, etc.
- Prioritizing user rights to restrict application rights – by enabling system administrators to set and enforce policy for specific applications so that the user runs as an administrator but other applications are forced to run as a standard user, ensuring security is not compromised.
- Managing access to system settings – by permitting system administrators to prevent admin level users from changing configuration settings that can expose enterprises to new security concerns such as security or firewall settings.
- User rights management is available now as part of AppSense Application Manager 8.1.
To listen to the Podcast, please click on the image below or use this link here
A special thanks to Doug for taking the time to record and post this Podcast, thanks buddy :)
We hope you enjoy it…