As User Virtualization continues to play an increasingly important role in desktop strategy and AppSense are experiencing record growth, the 451 Group – a leading technology-industry and data company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation – has published a Market Development report detailing AppSense continued success, growth and future plans; Grooming itself for an IPO, AppSense flirts with many partners.
The report covers, amongst other things:
- $70 million investment from Goldman Sachs for a minority share in AppSense
- Expanding the management team with the recruitment of world leading executives
- Cisco validation for new Virtual Experience Infrastructure
- User Virtualization is bigger than VDI; spanning physical desktops, remote desktop services and cloud and desktop virtualization
- User Virtualization is bigger than Profile Management; working across OS platforms, Application delivery mechanisms, 32 & 64-bit architectures, user rights management, dynamic policy, self-healing etc..
Other key points include:
- AppSense positioned as a platform player in its own right;
- “User virtualization, in other words, is the extra layer of abstraction that allows OS and application virtualization to realize their true potential.”
- Leading Platform and Technology Vendors (such as Microsoft – Advocates User Virtualization for Windows 7 migration, and Citrix – AppSense for Desktop Transformation) acknowledge AppSense User Virtualization as a key strategic component of desktop management, enabling new virtual platforms to adopted in enterprise organization;
- “So potent is AppSense’s value proposition that Citrix routinely calls it in to help with large deals, and Microsoft has promoted the company to Managed ISV Partner status, a category that fewer than 5% of Microsoft partners achieve.”
A fully copy of the report can be viewed here.
Further to The 451 Group Report, another leading analyst firm, Ovum, also published a report; User Virtualization Could Be Bigger Than VDI!
This further validates the requirement for User Virtualization solutions in enterprise environments and part of any Desktop Transformation project, and confirms AppSense world leadership position in the space.
Happy reading, hope you enjoy.